Working today to build a better tomorrow for all animals. We're strategically challenging the status quo of animal agribusiness through undercover investigations, legal advocacy, corporate and food system reform, and empowering everyone to choose vegan.
Web Site www.animaloutlook.org
Animal Outlook (formerly known as Compassion Over Killing) is on a mission to change the world for animals. We're shining a bright light on those who suffer behind the closed doors of factory farms - from the frequently impregnated dairy cow whose calf is taken from her at birth to the egg-laying hen living in a cage so small, she can barely move.
By deploying an arsenal of strategies to challenge the status quo of animal agribusiness, we’re exposing the truth, delivering justice, revolutionizing food systems and empowering others to stand up for animals by leaving them off our plates.
With your help, we've accomplished major victories, including:
- Uncovering the dairy industry's cruel price-fixing scheme that involved killing 500,000 young cows just to raise the price of milk
- Successfully persuading BOCA Foods to stop using eggs, the UK-based company, Quorn, to launch its first-ever vegan product in the US, and Dunkin' Donuts to add dairy-free milk to its menu
- Pulling back the curtains on the USDA's dangerous high-speed, reduced-inspection pilot program that puts consumers, workers, and animals at risk
- Shuttering the doors of a chicken and duck hatchery after exposing - and legal challeging - horrific conditions for baby birds
- Hosting the DC VegFest, a free event in the nation's capital bringing in over 20,000 attendee
Each year in the US, more than 9 billion birds, pigs, and cows are killed for food—that's more than one million animals every hour. Every time we sit down to eat, we can stand up for animals, simply by choosing the vegan version of our favorite foods.
Visit our website today for more information on our life-saving work!