Mission:_ We fund medical research to cure lymphoma and develop new treatments._ Provide compassionate patient/family support services. Referrals to specialists._ Nurse-counseling._ Patient financial help.
"Better get your affairs in order.You have about two months to live," the doctor said.My wife and I sat there . . . crying.
"That was many years ago.I had stage 4-BE non-hodgkin lymphoma.More swollen lymph nodes appearing every day.The cancer had metastasized to my liver.There was a mass in my abdomen, shutting down one kidney and blocking my bowel.Another tumor pressing on my lungs.I was desperate. Thankfully, I found the Lymphoma Foundation of America.
Here's what they did:
- helped me get a second opinion at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore
- connected me with experts at Dana-Farber, MD Anderson, and Stanford
- referred me to the top lymphoma pathologist at the National Institutes of Health who evaluated my biopsy slides
- identified the National Cancer Institute clinical trial where I received experimental chemotherapy
- helped me locate a support group to join
- gave me encouragement when I wanted to explore complementarytherapies like acupuncture and Chinese herbs
- educated me about the link between chemical pesticides and lymphoma (I worked in a flower and garden center)
I'm Ron.I'm alive and well today.Lymphoma Foundation of America SAVED MY LIFE!
Please give generously. This wonderful charity is supported by donations from individuals.Your gift -- whether large or small -- is very much appreciated.Their CFC pledge number is: 10068.
Let's join together to cure lymphoma.Miracles can happen! I'm one of them."