We provide compassionate patient and family support services. We fund research to find a cure and develop new treatments. Our nurses give advice, referrals to specialists and patient financial aid. Programs and services are free to all.
"Better get your affairs in order. You have about two months to live," the doctor said. My wife and I sat there . . . crying.
"That was many years ago. I had stage 4-BE non-hodgkin lymphoma. More swollen lymph nodes appearing every day. The cancer had metastasized to my liver. There was a mass in my abdomen, shutting down one kidney and blocking my bowel. Another tumor pressing on my lungs. I was desperate. Thankfully, I found the Lymphoma Foundation of America.
Here's what they did:
- helped me get a second opinion at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore
- connected me with experts at Dana-Farber, MD Anderson, and Stanford
- referred me to the top lymphoma pathologist at the National Institutes of Health who evaluated my biopsy slides
- identified the National Cancer Institute clinical trial where I received experimental chemotherapy
- helped me locate a support group to join
- gave me encouragement when I wanted to explore complementary therapies like acupuncture and Chinese herbs
- educated me about the link between chemical pesticides and lymphoma (I worked in a flower and garden center)
I'm Ron. I'm alive and well today. Lymphoma Foundation of America SAVED MY LIFE!
Please give generously. This wonderful charity is supported by donations from individuals. Your gift -- whether large or small -- is very much appreciated. Their CFC pledge number is: 10068.
Let's join together to cure lymphoma. Miracles can happen! I'm one of them."