Empowers and equips South African communities to save their children--many orphaned, all vulnerable--from the devastation of HIV/AIDS, poverty and violence.
Saving Africa's Orphans supports the orphan children of South Africa by providing academic support, skills training, health care, nutrition, and advocacy in a comprehensive after-school program. The program meets the needs of orphans and vulnerable children in the Canzibe community through a multi-faceted approach. The goals of the program are:
- To provide children with a safe and secure place to come and receive emotional/psychological support.
- To provide children with tutoring and assistance with their school work, and to ensure that they are completing their school assignments and homework properly.
- To provide children with a healthy meal.
- To provide children with additional teaching and training in the particular areas of English, Life Skills, Arts and Crafts, and Gardening/Practical Skills.
- To monitor individual children on a daily basis for particular health, emotional, or educational needs, and to meet those needs or assist the children's caretakers in meeting those needs.